Lazy Town RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lazy Town RPG

Started as a place for Lazy Town RP that has expanded to multiple fandoms. No underage/loli pairings allowed please.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I saw this the other day....

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockstarbulldog

So I saw this the other day.... Empty
PostSubject: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 am

And at first I thought I thought I was a little weird, but by the end I was like "this is so awesome!"...

I wish there was a world like this, and that I was the king....  Twisted Evil 
Does that make me weird?....

(In case the video doesn't show, because it's not visible to me.... youtube.com/watch?v=ysf3GW-PASA )
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Ah, Alan Cummings, my favourite bisexual actor of stage and screen! This video seems to be from the 1993 Revival in London's West End with Alan as the Emcee. This song is a nice mix of German, French, and English, since it's set in Berlin. Thanks for posting, this is awesome footage!

I'm going to say it now, but I do think that Stefan could play the Emcee easily. :D 
Back to top Go down
http://purplecyphers.tumblr.com
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 12:06 am

lol! You know a pretty good bit about the show.  Smile I saw the same performance on the Late show with Jimmy Fallon... But I think that clip is from Letterman's show, but it's pretty much the same performance... He does seem pretty cool though, like the perfect mix of creepy, prevented and sexy... XD I could tell some words sounded french, and some German, but I have no idea what he's saying.... Unfortunately English is the only language I know...  Crying or Very sad 

And do you mean Stefan, the character played by Bill Hader on Saturday night live?... Because I love that guy....  cheers
You also might want to see this clip, it's pretty funny. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(And I don't know how you do thing where attach the links to words.... >_<)
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 am

I meant Stefan Karl, the actor who plays Robbie Rotten.

And yes, I know some about the musical Cabaret because it's one I would love to see one stage, although the amount of musicals I have that were school performances or filmed for the small screen is Wicked.

And, considering how old the musical is, you can probably find the song translated to English completely, but I do know many of the lines are repeated in all three languages throughout the Emcee's songs. It's kind of how things are done in some countries generally, especially Europe.
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 am

Aaand I feel like an idiot.... >_<;; I didn't know his name was Stefan... But it does seem like a fun show to see in person. I also haven't seen any musicals.

I honestly don't know crap about musical theater...  pale 
And for some reason auto-correct turned perverted into prevented in my last post....  Neutral
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 3:14 pm

There's no reason you should feel like an idiot for not knowing Stefan's name. Not everyone has to know everything about their shows. Or musical theatre, which I don't know as much as I could.

And it's okay, I read it the way you intended.
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 12:20 am

Here's another video you might find interesting....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 12:53 am

I also like how in Saudi Arabia it's illegal to kiss or hold the hand of someone of the OPPOSITE sex.....

lol! The innuendos' you can put on that.....
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 1:23 am

Those aren't so much for innuendos as it's from misguided attempts to reinforce laws and standards from the Quran, which only a mere 30 years ago were not as enforced as they are today. Many Muslim countries have been dealing with this backwards leaning since the Taliban and al Qaeda formed. As Christians and Jews have found that some of the lesser laws are outdated, the Taliban and al Qaeda believe that's what makes us the barbarians over them, even though they are deliberately corrupting the word of their prophet and Allah for their own selfish purposes.

Sorry if that sounds bad, but I've heard from many people in those areas who have parents and grandparents telling them how and why things changed, and it really has nothing to do with their religion so much as zealots corrupting their religion.

Also, take a lot of BuzzFeed articles with a grain of salt. Like the one you linked, it doesn't give information about why those things are illegal (except for the South Korean tweet one) or what might be available instead because these things are illegal (like how there are various head coverings under Sharia Law which still show the face.)

So yeah, sites like BuzzFeed let pretty much anyone post things and you don't even have to source your facts and stuff, and the opinion section is the worse because it's rife with extremist from all kinds of movements and sociopolitical views. (Jezabel is worse tbh, but that's because it's filled with radfems and TERFs.)
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 2:06 am

I figured it had something to do with religion...  tongue I don't know much about religion either, since I tend to stay away from it... (Not atheist though... More like spiritual...) Because really, is there a religion that HASN'T been corrupted by people or persons or who are supposed to be teaching it, to reflect their own views?...

I also figured it was probably a little mis-informed...  Razz I just thought that it was funny, if it was true of course, that they specified opposite. Like whoever came up with the law might not have been thinking it through... Especially with the kissing one...  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 3:17 am

Rockstarbulldog wrote:
(Not atheist though... More like spiritual...)

The term for that is typically Agnostic. You have faith, but it's not part of an organised or strict religion, including all types of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Shinto, etc.

Like me for example, I was raised in both Christian and pagan faiths (the latter was rather of the secular kind over what most people think of with pagans, as the religious side is Wicca) but I have come, in my own exploration, to believe that all deities exist (making me some kind of ultimate polytheist I guess, or so I've been told) and as such, when asked, call myself Agnostic so that no one can infer I hold any negative views of their faith, although I do believe that there is negativity in all organised religions.

Wow, sorry if that's a heavy topic to deal with. How about this to change the mood:

Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 3:26 am

Wait, I found a few more, all of them are awesome, many have a NSFW on them, so please just be safe and treat them all the same in that manner...

Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:13 am

Can't see the videos... For some reason they don't show up on my tablet... You should check out this website called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] though.

Today I couldn't help but thinking what an odd act squatting is though... Like when I was little and I'd bend over to pick something up, my mom would get on to me and be like "squat if you need to get something off the floor, bending over is unladylike... But it just felt so wierd.... I mean if you do it while keeping your legs together, you're pretty much balancing on your toes and trying not to fall over... And then if you open your legs up while squatting, you're just kind of spreading your "bits" open.... Which just feels wierd...  Suspect I mean, it does have its uses, like for reaching the bottom shelf in a crowded store isle, or using the bathroom in the woods... But I think I'll stick with bending over, because I really don't give a crap if a guy ogles my butt... Because my ass looks like two balloons full of cottage cheese, and any guy who finds that attractive, probably isn't the kind of guy who will bother me....  Razz (And if you find this inappropriate, just let me know and I'll remove it)
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 am

Okay, I'm going to give you the links to those videos then.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

And that wasn't a TMI if you didn't mind sharing. But yeah, that is weird for your mother to say. Maybe it's just how I was raised, but the idea that girls have to be "ladylike" to be female is some of the stupidest part of gender roles and stereotypes.
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:01 am

Yeah so.... No traffic lights... No crashes... No pedestrians getting hit by cars.... Maybe we're doing something wrong?....  Neutral 

(Just a joke.... I know traffic lights help keep people safe... If stupid people would just stop running the red ones... Plus that intersection is probably noisy as hell...  lol! )
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Holy hell!

Seriously tho, that's fucking amazing, and after what happened to me the other day (I crossed the street just as the hand started flashing and a cop turning the far corner tried telling me to watch for them, but I not only wasn't hit but made it before the hand stopped flashing, meaning I had the time and knew it, but WTH do I know right?) I totally think if more people in this country used a modicrum of the common sense they (should) have innately, things would be better. But no, (FFS) they let a variety of things cloud their judgement.
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 pm

LOL. I know... Just seems like the whole worlds going to hell.... (Most) people seem to have lost their marbles...  Neutral 

Like earlier today I went to the store with my mom because she wanted to go shopping for some plants.... But when we were driving back, the (crazy) lady next door was standing at the fence staring through it... (I should probably explain that my mom created a trellis fence, and covered it in climbing roses to create a screen because whenever we went to work in our yard she would just come out and stare at us.. Of course there are a few gaps in the vines, but you have to be right up at the fence to see anything.) so when we pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, she turned around and just started wandering around her yard....

Also, I got board and was checking out the "who's online" map... And I just have to say.... The location sharing thing is a little weird.... At least it's not too accurate though... I can really only tell your somewhere near 52nd street, Sky's near a hospital..... And apparently I'm in the middle of a field of NW 120th street in Kansas.... Which is way off. I guess it has something to do with my phones hotspot/service provider or something....  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:54 pm

You don't have to tell me about crazy people. I go on tumblr all the time and I deal with crazy, illogical people every day. The kind that try to justify bullying other people, but don't you dare "bully" them (which in the real world is calling them out and making them responsible for the things they do, advocate being done, or threaten should be done to other people) because they are "oppressed" and everyone who doesn't agree with them are their "oppressors." FYI, if you're not on tumblr, please don't.

Yeah, GPS is kinda wonky like that. 52nd in Tacoma and what's the streets it's saying I'm between? Cause if it's saying that when I'm currently at home (on wifi,) then there is something weird going on with the location. (And no, I'm not afraid to say where I live but don't because I've been asked by the landlord not to.)
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:15 am

lol! Yeah, not on tumblr... Sometimes stumble across it looking up stuff online... But I also don't have a facebook, twitter, myspace or whatever else it is that's popular now... I just don't see the point.

Right now it's saying you're between E N street, and E Portland Ave.

I'm also watching Frozen, but paused it because I wanted to see if anyone choreographed a dance to love is an open door... Didn't find any dances, but I did find this:

So freaking adorable.... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 am

Wait... does that mean... are you... A FELLOW FAN OF "WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE"?!?

(Vid is adorable too!)

Well, I'm on the other side of Portland Ave, so that's definitely off. By quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 am

^_^;; No idea what that is.... I just came across that video while looking for something else.  Razz 

But as for the location, it could be the tower it's getting a signal from....  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:06 am

This buzzfeed thing though:

Not really a story, just some funny stuff. #26 though.....  Razz I'm already addicted to purple.... Like freakishly so... If purple is I choice in anything I get, I choose it... I kind of hoard purple stuff.... Since it's my favorite color....
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:51 pm

OMG THAT LIST IS AMAZING!

So I need to ha e Sky look that over cause I've tried explaining it and maybe I just need to have her listen to it.

Also, I love all shades of purple (it's my mod name on a blog I run on tumblr even) and most of my shirts are in shades of purple, but I don't clash shades and such.

Back to top Go down
Rockstarbulldog

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:49 pm

LOL.  Smile I'll try listening to it sometime... But I've nearly used up my 4g speed watching videos... After the 4g is used up, it'll be really difficult to do anything online.

Same here though.... My favorite shirt is this light purple with a glittery peacock on the front. I'll have to take a picture and show you.  Smile 
Also, I got this mood bangle (like a mood ring, but a bracelet) a few years back, and whenever I wear it stays purple... Which I think purple meant relaxed.... But I just thought it was funny/odd coincidence.
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah, it's really an enjoyable audio series, and if you like HP Lovecraft, George Orwell, X Files, Outer Limits, and a nice but strange combination of Will & Grace with Queer as Folk. So if you can handle that, you'll like WTNV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this the other day....   So I saw this the other day.... Empty

Back to top Go down

So I saw this the other day....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lazy Town RPG :: General Discussion-
Jump to: