Lazy Town RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lazy Town RPG

Started as a place for Lazy Town RP that has expanded to multiple fandoms. No underage/loli pairings allowed please.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

INTRODUCTION POST

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

INTRODUCTION POST Empty
PostSubject: INTRODUCTION POST   INTRODUCTION POST EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:55 am

Noticing that there isn't a place for this, I thought it was time one was made. Please, if you're new to the forum, within at least two weeks, introduce yourself here. Tell us when you first got into Lazy Town, role playing, anything really. We're a friendly bunch here.
Back to top Go down
http://purplecyphers.tumblr.com
trinsghost

trinsghost

INTRODUCTION POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION POST   INTRODUCTION POST EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi there! I just joined, so I might as well post an intro. My name's Jen, though I tend to go by trinsghost or Trinity on the 'Net. I didn't get into Lazy Town until earlier this year. I probably caught the show in snippets on Sunday mornings as I got ready to head out. In winter/spring of this year I ended up with a cold on a weekend and thought to myself, "What the heck was that oddball show I caught a few months back?" After a bit of tv guide perusing, I found out what it was and as luck would have it, someone had hosted most of LT seasons 1 and 2 on youtube. Let's just say I had a marathon.

In the months since, I joined up on a few FB groups dedicated to the show and/or specific cast. What's funny is a few of my friends followed suit! It's hilarious to find fellow 30-somethings who are into the show, let alone get more folk (20-something on up) into the show. It's creative, makes me laugh, has a good message of healthiness for youngsters, is chalk full of history (tied to the plays), and it seems to spawn a lot of creativity in others.

Hmm...I guess if you have any questions for me, fire away! Oh, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose toes curl at the thought or visual of Robbie (and at a more sensible level, Stefan too).
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

INTRODUCTION POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION POST   INTRODUCTION POST EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 4:11 pm

trinsghost wrote:
Hi there!  I just joined, so I might as well post an intro.  My name's Jen, though I tend to go by trinsghost or Trinity on the 'Net.  I didn't get into Lazy Town until earlier this year.  I probably caught the show in snippets on Sunday mornings as I got ready to head out.  In winter/spring of this year I ended up with a cold on a weekend and thought to myself, "What the heck was that oddball show I caught a few months back?"  After a bit of tv guide perusing, I found out what it was and as luck would have it, someone had hosted most of LT seasons 1 and 2 on youtube.  Let's just say I had a marathon.

In the months since, I joined up on a few FB groups dedicated to the show and/or specific cast.  What's funny is a few of my friends followed suit!  It's hilarious to find fellow 30-somethings who are into the show, let alone get more folk (20-something on up) into the show.  It's creative, makes me laugh, has a good message of healthiness for youngsters, is chalk full of history (tied to the plays), and it seems to spawn a lot of creativity in others.  

Hmm...I guess if you have any questions for me, fire away!  Oh, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose toes curl at the thought or visual of Robbie (and at a more sensible level, Stefan too).
HALLO TRINITY! Glad you found this group and don't be shy to post or interact with us!

As for the other bolded bits of your post, I find I'm surprised by the kinds of fans this series attracts, and I do enjoy, having younger family members, the message it sends to kids, including helping me get very picky eaters to start eating better. Also, who wouldn't love Stefan?!
Back to top Go down
http://purplecyphers.tumblr.com
trinsghost

trinsghost

INTRODUCTION POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION POST   INTRODUCTION POST EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:06 pm

melissaIvory wrote:

HALLO TRINITY! Glad you found this group and don't be shy to post or interact with us!

As for the other bolded bits of your post, I find I'm surprised by the kinds of fans this series attracts, and I do enjoy, having younger family members, the message it sends to kids, including helping me get very picky eaters to start eating better. Also, who wouldn't love Stefan?!
Hi Melissa! Thanks for the welcome. Wink  Yeah, I surprised myself a little by catching onto the show and enjoying it so much.  On the other hand, I am a creative person (not by occupation, but after hours), and can understand why such a unique show could catch my eye.  I mean, I live within spitting distance of Cinderella Castle and Hogsmeade.  This sort of wild creativity nourishes me when I'm near it, whether it's a person, place or thing.  As for kids, oddly enough I don't have many around me in my own life, but if my brother has his own (he's getting hitched soon), or I have my own in the future, I've a feeling I'll be showing them this series.  (Along with a few I enjoyed as a kid - several featuring Jim Henson's great works, or feature wonderfully creative learning techniques from the 80's, when I was a youngster.  I'll bring them up in a separate post sometime.)

As for picky eaters, in my own family I've pinpointed a few who I think literally share a genetic trait to hate most fruits and veggies.  They've grown out of it a little, but it's been a long, arduous battle of "please" and "No!" to "oh alright" (the older and/or less stubborn they are, the easier it seems to be for them to give in and try). Sportacus would have a hard time converting some of these folks, though I think if he showed them a variety of SportsCandy as he does in the show they might be pleased to pick and choose.

Stay tuned on the interaction bit, as I have something up my sleeve.  I've not ventured into RPG.  I tend to read it when it's on my dash on tumblr, but never got into one myself (just out of character discussions with the posters).  I know it takes a lot of back and forth conversation to stick to a mutually agreed upon storyline, which is something I may not be able to carry (my side of).  I'm alright with that though...just content to be a reader.  My strength tends to lie in writing and occasional artwork (drawing, painting, getting my hands dirty).  I'm working on a spin to a tale I saw a few years back on tv, only I'm putting a Lazytown twist to it.  It's still in the works and what's funny is the middle piece has been easy to write, but the beginning and end are taking a bit more thought (sounds like my college days with papers).  Though I can say the start of it popped into my head recently (while working, which was hilarious), and I had to jot it down.  It'll be multi-chaptered and I may post a T-rated version, as well as an M-rated one.
Back to top Go down
Rikki

Rikki

INTRODUCTION POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION POST   INTRODUCTION POST EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:37 am

Dunno where else to post this.

Hi! *waves*

XD Name's JD, aka Rikki, used to rp here, came back cos I was wondering what you (Sky and Melissa) were up to. I'm enjoying reading your rps, guys!

I still love love LOVE sportarobbie. XD
Back to top Go down
Skymouth
Admin
Skymouth

INTRODUCTION POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION POST   INTRODUCTION POST EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:56 am

Howdy! Admin here! Thought I'd introduce myself too. I first saw Lazytown up in the break room at work one day. The tv was on some random channel and I guess folks were too lazy to change it. I'd glanced at the tv and at first was like, wtf is this? Then the gorgeous Sportacus flipped onto the screen and I was like, holy cow! What IS this? Did a little bunting and found out it was Lazytown, 'Sleepless in Lazytown'. Found the whole epi on YouTube, watched it and couldn't get enough. Sporty was who initially drew me into the show but then I got to know and love Robbie and he quickly became my favorite! Then one day I decided to see what he really looked like and mt jaw dropped at how handsome Stefan really was! Began looking up his other stuff on YouTube and eventually bought 'Johannes' and 'Kurtiest Folk' and his cd and became friends with him oh Facebook. Still a thrill when he occasionally responds to one of my posts!

I've done lots of rping. Lupin III, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dukes of Hazzard, Batman, Dragonball Z, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and now Lazytown. I think I got all of them listed! Anyway, this site had initially been a quick create so me and another girl could have a place to roll play Lazytown and it only had one or two things on it. Now I'm surprised at how much it's grown since I added more stuff to it! If anyone has an idea for something for me to ad, please feel free to tell me! Don't be afraid to join in!

Thanks and enjoy everyone!
Back to top Go down
https://lazytownrpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

INTRODUCTION POST Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION POST   INTRODUCTION POST Empty

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCTION POST
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lazy Town RPG :: General Discussion-
Jump to: