Lazy Town RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lazy Town RPG

Started as a place for Lazy Town RP that has expanded to multiple fandoms. No underage/loli pairings allowed please.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BLACK FRIDAY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 am

Okay, so for those of us in the States, it's Black Friday or the day after Thanksgiving.

This is basically the nice way of saying all Christmas sales have begun. I know that three of our members, at least, are not in the US, so I was wondering when Christmas sales start in other countries.

This year is really the first I've seen Christmas EVERYWHERE, it seems, right after Hallowe'en, which is how it should be, considering the history of Thanksgiving and the massacres it truly represents. Yeah, it's great to have a day all about one specific poultry and really, people should be thankful every single day, but the two definitely shouldn't go together. And honestly, I don't understand people celebrating first an unintentional duel massacre of English settlers and natives because of diseases from each other that the other's immune systems couldn't fight, which lead to an intentional massacre by the English because they didn't ask questions first and just started killing. Really, great idea for a holiday, and before that, we had Columbus Day, which kind of started the ball rolling for Thanksgiving. So yeah, that's how I feel about that. Glad to get it out somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://purplecyphers.tumblr.com
Rikki

Rikki

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 am

When we talk of Christmas sales, we talk about the day after Christmas, Boxing day, where everything starts to go down in price. XD
Back to top Go down
NickyS

NickyS

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 am

In Italy the Christmas sales begin as early as the first days of November. It's a mad rush to buy that continues until January 6.
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Rikki, we have those same kind of sales, but we call them After Christmas and New Year's sales.

Nicky, why until 6 Jan?
Back to top Go down
NickyS

NickyS

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:58 pm

On January 6, the Christmas time ends with Epiphany. Children receive a stocking full of toys and candy brought by Befana an old woman who travels on a broom. (It's like a second Santa Claus). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
purplecyphers

purplecyphers

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:00 am

Epiphany . . . That's a Catholic holiday, right?
Back to top Go down
NickyS

NickyS

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 am

Yes, it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BLACK FRIDAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACK FRIDAY   BLACK FRIDAY Empty

Back to top Go down